Growth Mindset: Thoughts from the Padlet

"When we get negative feedback, let's take it in stride."
"R-Rejoice
U-Under
N-Negativity"

These are quotes about how to response to negative feedback. I often struggle with negative feedback. Maybe I'll dismiss it as wrong or dismiss it as unimportant. But I like this response better, and I think it will open new perspectives and ways of editing/creating. I want to train my brain to run with critical feedback, so the work I do in the future is better for it.


"I was so focused on not failing that I almost missed the whole point of school. To learn."

I really like this quote because I think it is easy to go through the motions in school. In one of my classes, we have two journal entries. The first is to summarize our readings and the second is to interact with the readings somehow. This can be applying the theory to something happening in the world or connect it to past readings. It is easy to just go through the motions in this assignment, especially if you are rushing. However, when I do it because I want to explore a topic and expand my knowledge or think critically, I am better for it. It is easy to forget that learning is fun!

Image information: Brain Training

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer