Famous Last Words: Reflecting on Writing

abstract abstract painting acrylic acrylic paint art artistic canvas contemporary art creativity expressionism modern art painting pattern vibrant color wall art

I read other people's writing this week and I really liked what I read! It gave me some new ideas. I read Laura Gibb's storybook, and at one point, she addresses the audience in the middle of a story. I would never have thought to include the audience like that, but I really like the idea.

I like to write. I've discovered that I like to write fiction, using my personality and imagination to create something wonderful. I wish this class wasn't ending. Sometimes, the assignments were too much during my busy weeks, but I always enjoyed developing an original story. I'm sad I'll lose this outlet for my creativity.

This past week, I wrote two new stories for my storybook. I think my leopard story was one of the best pieces of writing I've done. I liked how the leopard's loss of identity matched with the displaced mother's loss of her motherhood. I also worked on including more descriptive words, like "spotted menace." It was a success in my book!

Almost all of my classes ended this week; the only assignment I have left is an unnessay for my History of Public Health class. I haven't settled on a topic yet, but I want to explore the AIDS epidemic. First, I thought about writing diary entries from the perspective of a public health official, who saw the dangers of the lack of response. I would write this chronologically alongside information about the devastation of the disease to certain communities. I don't know if that is the best way to explore the topic, and I need to do more research to find other sources I can use. After I finish that I will be focusing on work, because I have to finish a project by Christmas. Hopefully, we get some good data!

Image information: Abstract painting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer