Tech Tips: Google Data

I have a Google Pixel, which means most of the apps I use are google related. So, I thought this might be a good way to learn about all the creepy things Google is tracking through my phone. After reading the New York Times article, I looked at my google maps locations and I could see two of the trips I've taken in the last two years. I drove to California and to Massachusetts and flew into Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Puebla, Mexico. It was shocking to see those little red dots that represented so many memories and places I've seen. I almost didn't want to set my activity controls to auto-delete after three months. It is strange that this is the first time I have heard of this feature. I knew that google and other apps track us, but I didn't think I would get to see the results! As I was navigating some of the settings, I felt overwhelmed and somewhat confused on what controls I should change. I might have to revisit them later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer