Famous Last Words: Queering My Classes


This past week was the most hectic week of the semester. I wasn't able to meet the deadlines for the two readings. I had to prioritize larger projects in other classes, which is unfortunate. I wrote a paper that was an evolved book report over LGBT Bioethics: Visibility, Disparities, and Dialogue in my Medical Sociology class. The paper incorporated aspects of my favorite topics: health, queer issues/lives, and feminist and queer theory. When I was rereading the paper, I was proud of the content and quality. I have vowed to make my classes this year more queer. I'm doing this by writing about queer issues, asking professors to include more material about LGBTQ+ issues, and including queer lives in the stories I write in this class. It helps me bring new life and new perspectives to the stories.

This week is Thanksgiving break, and I find myself scrambling to either catch up or work ahead in most of my classes, including this one. Then, I have a project that I need to finish by Christmas, meaning I can't even relax after I classes end. I love my job, but it can be stressful. I don't like to disappoint my boss or my professors. Hopefully, I can complete my to-do-list in the next day or so and be able to take some time to enjoy my family and the food!

Image information: WERK for Consent- A Queer and Trans Dance Protest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer