Week 8 Reading and Writing

I want to change the title of my storybook, but I want to write maybe one more story before I do it. I need to have more context from my stories to craft a new title. Besides that, I like the look of my website. I have the same banner image throughout the different pages and I think it brings the site continuity. I do want to find images, illustrations, paintings of a black woman to represent the mother character.

For my blog, I am happy with the way it is set up. I looked at other templates for the site and kept coming back to the one I already have!

Looking back, I need to work on reading like a writer. When I am reading, I don't know what direction I am going to take the retelling in, so it is hard for me to take notes in a way that will help my writing. I usually read and take notes over the plot and sometimes things that I like about the original. Then, later I think more about how I will change it. The one thing I want to work on in my writing is describing people. I want the readers to have enough information to picture the person I am writing about but also have to fill in some of the gaps I have left with their imagination. My favorite story was "The Test of a Friendship" because it was fun writing an old story in the future. I was able to imagine a new world but play off of things that are going on today.


This image is special to me because of the memories it brings to mind. When I was growing up, we had a mimosa tree in our yard, and it was the perfect tree for my brother and I to climb. That is why I used it for one of my stories.

Image information:
Mimosa tree photographed by Richard Crook. Source: Flickr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 14 Story: Bedtime Stories of Bala Lake