Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I have really enjoyed all of the feedback I have received. Everyone is very supportive in the class. Sometimes, I will write something and it doesn't have my complete support or pride and getting comments back about those things can be difficult; I just tend to think, "but that is not my best work!" The comments are helpful, especially for the storybook project because it is part of the coursework to edit them. It is nice to get the perspective of readers and fellow writers.

Hopefully, people find my comments helpful. I try to ask questions and make suggestions while praising certain aspects of the story that I enjoyed. I liked practicing the pretend feedback strategy because I had never given feedback like that. It gave focus and purpose to my comments because I was advocating for a character.

I do get a sense of connecting with people in the class through the comments left on my stories and through reading their stories. I now recognize names and have bookmarked a couple storybooks/stories that I have enjoyed to see how they progress.

The biggest thing I need to do to make the feedback more useful or easy to access is to include a link to the comment wall on each storybook page/story. Also, sometimes I receive contradictory feedback, and it can be hard to figure out who I should listen to. Overall, feedback brings my focus to possible gaps or points of confusion in my story. As the person writing it, I often don't see those holes.



Image information: (cheezburger)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer