Topic Research: The Animal Kingdom of Africa

I decided to use my Africa Storybook idea.

I was researching some books from the freebookapolooza collection on Africa and came across one that I started to read. It is called Fairy Tales from South Africa. I liked a story, called The Unnatural Mother, which is about a mother seeking to regain her son's acceptance through a quest for water. Along her journey she is helped by some animals, and in turn, she aids in breaking a spell that turned their town into a forest and the people into animals.

Here is my idea: I want to use other fairy tales and stories about the animals that help the Unnatural Mother, which included an Elephant, Tiger, Giraffe, and Rabbit. I would write stories featuring these animals and then for my final story use the Unnatural Mother fairy tale, so it turns out that the animals throughout the storybook were actually people.

Possible animal stories:
Rabbit: Animal Fables from the Dark Continent
Elephant: Why the Bush Cow and the Elephant are bad Friends; The Elephant, Hippopotamus, and Tortoise
Tiger: Why the Tiger is Striped (African American)

I struggled finding stories about the giraffe and tiger that I liked, so I will have to do more research for those animals.

Image information: illustration by Joshua Tolford

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer