Storybook Plan

Storybook: Tales of the African Mother

Leave comments here: Comment wall

Outline/Bibliography:
Story 1: Beginning the Unnatural Mother story (from Fairy Tales from South Africa by Bourhill, Drake and Holloway)
Story 2: The elephant - still embarrassed about the trap the elephant and hippopotamus fell into; no self confidence to help the Unnatural Mother

Story 3: The leopard - Tasks Done for a Wife (Robert Hamill Nassau, 1914) - connects to Tug-of-War; leopard remembers the story of his cousin
Story 4: The rabbit - Rabbit and the Animal Wizard (from Animal Fables from the Dark Continent by Stafford) - helps the Unnatural Mother to gain/use his sense
Story 5: Ending the Unnatural Mother story

Style: I am using the Unnatural Mother story as the overarching story, so I won't need a storyteller. I want the animal stories to connect into why or why not they agree to helping the Unnatural Mother. I haven't decided whether or not I want to have a giraffe story between the elephant and leopard story. I sometimes struggle with descriptions, and for the storybook, I want to focus more on describing characters, feelings and settings to make the stories more engaging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer