Extra Credit Reading Notes: Reading Overview

My UnTextbook Plan:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: _Ovid's Metamophoses__

Week 4: _Women Saints___

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: _Ancient Egypt__

Week 6: _Turkish__

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: __Congo__

Week 9: __Japanese Mythology____

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: _Pacific Northwest___

Week 11: _Cherokee__

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: _Beowulf__

Week 13: _Welsh Fairy Book (Thomas)___

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14:   Russian__

Week 15: _Heptameron__

I am excited for some of the topics that I am not familiar with. I'm most excited about the units that are completely unfamiliar to me. I have read a lot about Greek and Roman mythology. I love it, but I want to read something new. I think the Turkish unit will be interesting to read, because it seems unique. It has wizards, fairies, and dervishes! Oh my! I might change a week's reading if I decide that I don't like the stories, but hopefully that won't happen. I'm happy with the list right now. 

I chose this picture because I appreciate art that has survived from ancient and medieval populations. Pictures and other art forms capture visually what the story is trying to convey.

Image Information: Nut as Celestial Cow; Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer