Storybook Favorites


Chrystal's Storybook

I like this storybook because it is playful. It takes an already interesting topic and adds something extra by putting it through the perspective of lions. It is reminiscent of lion king, and I appreciate the nostalgia of that connection. I also like how the stories are almost broken up into sections, along with a color change in the background. It helps the reader move down the page and transition between parts of the story. The thing I don't like about this storybook is the title of the website; it doesn't give the viewer any idea about what the storybook is about. The other two authors did a good job of finding a simple yet descriptive title.

Silesian Folk Tales

This blog storybook is about Rübezahl, a Mountain Lord with magical powers turned trickster. The storyteller includes small anecdotes to lead you into the story, maybe about how he heard it.
In the introduction, I like how the author wants the reader to participate more in the store by imagining themselves walking and listening to a storyteller. Then, he continued with this imaginative walk in chapter two by introducing a potential danger. He could have only placed the reader within the storytellers world, but also found a way to place us in the stories as well.

Huntresses of Artemis

I like this storybook mostly because of the content. I took a Gods and Heroes in Art class when I was a freshman and learned about Greek mythology; it was fascinating and the professor had a way of telling the myth through a modern lens. I might try to use that way of story telling when I complete this assignment. The thing I like about this storybook is that it ties Greek mythology to other regions, religions, and culture. It is a smooth transition between the three mythologies - Greek, Sumerian, and Indian - because the reader is following the same characters to each new adventure. I also really liked the picture of the temple and how it helped the reader imagine the scene of the story.


Images: Dakshinewar Temple, photograph by Dip Saha Chowdhurry, source: Pexels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Health Professional

Week 10 Story: The Jewelry Soothsayer